Skip to main content

My 1st Ever Wish List

Given the person in me a few months back this question, "What do you want for your birthday?", my answer might sounded something like this, "It's OK. You don't have to give me anything." Yeah rite.. I'm always conscious of not putting others into trouble to get me something and not receiving from anyone, if I wasn't desperate enough.

Perhaps I'm more comfortable as a giver, rather a receiver. There's a tiny voice in me that keep reminding me that being a giver is better than receiving. Maybe it's the moral values that I'm holding on so rigidly all these years. Jules and Sandz told me before that I needed to love myself more. I couldn't understand that actually. I felt happy when people who received from me were happy. It's the act of giving that made me feel happy, or honestly, it made me felt that I'm a good person. And I never think that I deserved anything from anyone. A really troubling side of me huh?

Today, when I went out wiv Jules for a drink at Starbucks, I realized that I'm into something that I've never thought that I would be able to do. Having wishes. I have so many things that I wished to have, to do, places to go... I thought that it would be a great start by actually listing things that I really wished for. So, here goes the list.
  1. Getting my Masters Degree - And of course, another 4 yrs of PhD. I know it'll be tough, I know it'll take up another 2 yrs in my life, but I havn't been this sure before. And i really hope that I'll be able to lecture in the uni someday.
  2. My very own digital camera - that will probably be the next 'to buy' list after i get my salary. I have an urge to take pictures of family, friends, events, experiences, places etc...
  3. Travelling around the world!!! - Cambodia, Indonesia, Australia, Greece, Netherlands, Italy, South Africa etc.... And of course, i want pics of every place i visited and experienced! Really gotta start saving money for this, or get a rich husband to pay for my travel fees. Wahahaha (evil laugh)...
  4. Paying off my study loan from PTPTN before going 30 - Is it possible?
  5. Lose some flab from my arms! - I'll be getting my 1st set of dumbells by the next weekend, i hope, and say farewell to my "bye bye arms"... It's really a self image problem, and it's damn hard to fit those arms into clothes. Sigh.. nothing can be done bout the weight. Mum says it's big heavy bones..
  6. To get my prediction for World Cup 2006 right for the finals.. hahahaha, this is a desperate wish.
  7. Laptop!!!! And a really good one!!! - This might be a little bit later to fulfill due to restrained financial abilities.
  8. My own room, or better still, my own apartment! - Ok, 2 yrs time for a room, and 5 yrs for an apartment.. realistic enough?
  9. To be able to drive again - Another sad case for me...
  10. Starting a business.... - Hmm.... How does this get in here..?

That's basically everything that's in mind now. All i can hope is to work hard to get all these wishes fulfill. Or if anyone interested, No. 2 can be fulfill by the end of the year. =P

World Cup 2006 updates: 3rd place playoff (Germany vs. Portugal: 3-1)... Finals tomorrow! Yay!!

Comments

way to go girl!!! having wishes are good.~ it keeps you going...
deaflisteners said…
Yup. From now on, gonna pamper myself reasonably and enjoy life.

Popular posts from this blog

Disabled again..

Today.. is another sad day for me. They just disabled "e-messenger", which ended my pleasure of keeping in touch with friends lately. Sigh.. exactly 14 more days, and I'll be out. Just have to be patient. Had a long talk with my boss. Many things that we've talked through and I appreciate his acceptance over my rather harsh comment. We're more like friends now, rather than him being my boss, or me being his subordinate. Frankly, it's been a long 5 1/2 half months. Unhappy i may seem, but i do learn alot while working here. Strangely, i think i might even missed this place..

Crossroads

Life is about choices.. Choices about how you want to run your life, what principles that you hold, what career you are heading in the future. Perhaps, now is a time where tough choices are ahead for me. Both family and friends have their own saying about what is the best. So, what's the best for me? I'm easily influenced by persuasion, and i usually give in easily. Sometimes ever so reluctantly, i followed what people asked or wanted me to do. I do not have much consideration of what I want in the first place. For this, I've been wasting more than a year now, which could easily turned out to be an interesting year for me to proceed to my dreams. A year of frustration, a year of uncertainty, and a year of lost chances. The 6 months in Melaka wasn't the best in my life. Some might say it's just a short period in your life. But in reality, I've lost alot of chances in this 6 months time. Work, study, career, even my relationship. Every person in my life has their

Liars in Training

I was really surprised how young kids at the age of 7 & 8 lied and giving excuses for not handing in their homework. 3 kids today gave me unreasonable and of course unbelievable excuses. Case 1: "I have the book. But when i went to buy drinks in the canteen, someone took my book from my bag. After I go back home to finished the exercise, I couldn't find it.... even my Mum couldn't find it. Really!" "emm hm....?" "But just now, when i reached the class, I found the book in my bag. I dunno how it get there, but i'm really sure that it wasn't there yesterday. Really.." "so...?" "Erm... that's why i didn't finish the exercise, cause it's just not enough time for me to finished it." she said with the sweetest smile u can ever imagine. " Can I call your mum now?" In the shortest moment, the cute little girl burst into tears. There goes the far from perfect lie.. Case 2: " My mum brought me to