Skip to main content

Let The Games Begin!

2nd day into FIFA World Cup 2006, and almost everyone in the house are having football fever! Welcome to the club, Kenny! 4 matches has been watched, with currently waiting for the 5th one between Argentina & Ivory Coast in another 30 minutes. Mum & Kenny is having a nap now, hoping to gain conserve some energy to watch the game. Me? I'm too excited to sleep!

It has been a good week. Situation in the house has improved tremendously. That makes me really hyper these past few days. Even experiencing the real life of a full time housewife sounds interesting. Something must be very wrong with me.... =) Just increase the DDRam of my PC (Finally!!! been suffering the ever-so-slow syndrome from my PC for almost 2 years now), bought a new printer, and in two more days, i'll be working again. So, it's really pretty exciting for me! Though it's just a temporary job, but as long as it promises some income for my future studies, i really have nothing to complain about.

Ok, back to World Cup 2006... the stronger teams aren't in their top form.

GROUP A

The opening match between Germany and Costa Rica was interesting. The German side doesn't seems to be organised throughout the game. While they won the game with 4-2 margin, there's something lacking in their team. Hope they raise up to the occasion soon.

Poland vs. Ecuador...0-2 Didn't watch the game full heartedly.. was concentrating on chatting. :P Anyway, did have a look during the repeat broadcasting, where Ecuador obviously was controlling the game. Poland just doesn't have a chance against them..

GROUP B

England vs. Paraguay: 1-0 (own goal by Gamarra)...
England played a lucky game. Without the own goal, they might have drawn the game with Paraguay. While the midfielders comprising of Beckham, Lampard and Gerrard was opening up lots of opportunities, the strikers seems to be lost their touch. Anyway, i didn't watch the 1st half, so i couldn't comment anything here. But the 2nd half was really disappointing. The English didn't live up to the super-high expectations. They should be very grateful that Lady Luck was smiling at them in the 90 minutes match.

Sweden vs. Trinidad & Tobago: 0-0
Surprise, surprise... They drew. Sweden was dominating the game through out the 93 minutes match. They were attacking the newbies endlessly and vigorously, but the finishing touches from Ibrahimovic and Allback are not good enough to break Trinidad's defense. They were numerous chances for Sweden but all of it was wasted. Now, they will be really worried about the next match with Paraguay and England. Well, they really should be, if they are to be qualify to the next stage. Anwyay, congrats to Trinidad & Tobago for the 1st point in their 1st game in World Cup!

Ok...that's all for now. Back to the TV set for the match between Argentina & Ivory Coast..

update: 17:52 am, 11 June 2006

Group C

Argentina vs. Ivory Coast: 2-1
This is no doubt the best game yet so far in this World Cup. Both teams displayed amazing skills and teamwork. Ivory Coast was surprisingly good lead by the well acclaimed Didier Drogba. The match was played in a fast, exciting pace and the teams are constantly attacking each other. Good stamina, great atmosphere, quite a fair game.. juz good enough to keep me staying on the couch for the full 93 minutes..

3 more matches today.. not gonna watch all though. Start working tomorrow.. sigh..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disabled again..

Today.. is another sad day for me. They just disabled "e-messenger", which ended my pleasure of keeping in touch with friends lately. Sigh.. exactly 14 more days, and I'll be out. Just have to be patient. Had a long talk with my boss. Many things that we've talked through and I appreciate his acceptance over my rather harsh comment. We're more like friends now, rather than him being my boss, or me being his subordinate. Frankly, it's been a long 5 1/2 half months. Unhappy i may seem, but i do learn alot while working here. Strangely, i think i might even missed this place..

Crossroads

Life is about choices.. Choices about how you want to run your life, what principles that you hold, what career you are heading in the future. Perhaps, now is a time where tough choices are ahead for me. Both family and friends have their own saying about what is the best. So, what's the best for me? I'm easily influenced by persuasion, and i usually give in easily. Sometimes ever so reluctantly, i followed what people asked or wanted me to do. I do not have much consideration of what I want in the first place. For this, I've been wasting more than a year now, which could easily turned out to be an interesting year for me to proceed to my dreams. A year of frustration, a year of uncertainty, and a year of lost chances. The 6 months in Melaka wasn't the best in my life. Some might say it's just a short period in your life. But in reality, I've lost alot of chances in this 6 months time. Work, study, career, even my relationship. Every person in my life has their

Liars in Training

I was really surprised how young kids at the age of 7 & 8 lied and giving excuses for not handing in their homework. 3 kids today gave me unreasonable and of course unbelievable excuses. Case 1: "I have the book. But when i went to buy drinks in the canteen, someone took my book from my bag. After I go back home to finished the exercise, I couldn't find it.... even my Mum couldn't find it. Really!" "emm hm....?" "But just now, when i reached the class, I found the book in my bag. I dunno how it get there, but i'm really sure that it wasn't there yesterday. Really.." "so...?" "Erm... that's why i didn't finish the exercise, cause it's just not enough time for me to finished it." she said with the sweetest smile u can ever imagine. " Can I call your mum now?" In the shortest moment, the cute little girl burst into tears. There goes the far from perfect lie.. Case 2: " My mum brought me to