Skip to main content

Les Misérables




Les Misérables was written by Victor Hugo and published in 1862. That was 150 years ago in France.

Jean Valjean (a.k.a. prison 24601) is the main protagonist in the novel, is finding redemption for his wrong doings. He stolen a loaf of bread to feed his sister and his family, got caught and was sent to prison for 5 years. Another 14 years was put on him for his escape attempts.

Throughout his life, he always try do the right things, as a redemption of himself to God.
He tried to save Fantine, and eventually Cosette, Fantine's daughter bore out of wedlock, Marius, Corsette's love interest as well as Varjet (the police officer who himself finding redemption of his own).

While I have not read the book, the musical strongly touched me. This is one of the best song in the musical production, Bring Him Home, sang by Alfie Boe. This is definitely the best rendition I have ever heard and one could only cry, listening to it. It depicts the scene where Valjean prays to God to bring Marius back to him and Cosette safely.







To love another person is to see the face of God.”


― Victor HugoLes Misérables


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disabled again..

Today.. is another sad day for me. They just disabled "e-messenger", which ended my pleasure of keeping in touch with friends lately. Sigh.. exactly 14 more days, and I'll be out. Just have to be patient. Had a long talk with my boss. Many things that we've talked through and I appreciate his acceptance over my rather harsh comment. We're more like friends now, rather than him being my boss, or me being his subordinate. Frankly, it's been a long 5 1/2 half months. Unhappy i may seem, but i do learn alot while working here. Strangely, i think i might even missed this place..

Crossroads

Life is about choices.. Choices about how you want to run your life, what principles that you hold, what career you are heading in the future. Perhaps, now is a time where tough choices are ahead for me. Both family and friends have their own saying about what is the best. So, what's the best for me? I'm easily influenced by persuasion, and i usually give in easily. Sometimes ever so reluctantly, i followed what people asked or wanted me to do. I do not have much consideration of what I want in the first place. For this, I've been wasting more than a year now, which could easily turned out to be an interesting year for me to proceed to my dreams. A year of frustration, a year of uncertainty, and a year of lost chances. The 6 months in Melaka wasn't the best in my life. Some might say it's just a short period in your life. But in reality, I've lost alot of chances in this 6 months time. Work, study, career, even my relationship. Every person in my life has their

My Donkey

Remember the annoying, big mouthed yet good in nature Donkey in Shrek and Shrek 2? Can you remember any friends that resembles the Donkey? And seriously, I DO NOT MEAN PHYSICALLY!!! Recently, I've come to realized that there are lots of " Donkeys " in my life. Don't feel offended if I'm referring anyone as a donkey, coz do put in mind that at the same time, I'm an Ogre too. Yep, it's funny how some friends tend to annoyed us so much that we would like to tell them to shut their mouth sometimes! They will keep on going just to keep us annoyed even you've give out all the possible signals and hints that you're really not in the mood to join in their play. But their patience is somewhat last for eternity. They'll follow you around just to keep you in their watching distance. Although some may not resembled the loud Donkey in Shrek, but they do have other ways to annoy you. I have this particular friend who were so choosy and annoying, and somet