Skip to main content

Missing You

Somehow, I missed my dad alot today. I tried to recall all our memories together, but somehow only the ones during his ordeal with cancer appears.

October 2011:
Got news from grand aunt Irene that dad was sick. Went back to KB for the 1st time after 21 years. Had a shock looking at my dad. The flight back to KL was the longest ever in my life. The flashbacks on how he was struggling to sip even water from a cup, put aside heaving to chew a piece of bread. The image till now, was vivid and surreal. The father whom has been taking care of me for the past 20 over years, cant even walk on his own. He was the hospitalized in HUM. Thinking back to that 3 weeks, I felt so much heart pain. I told him to get well, so we can go for a family vacation to Perhentian Island that has been long overdue. He was very happy and promised me that he will be strong.

Dad started chemotherapy on  28th October 2011. He was doing good for 3 days, he felt energized and doctor was convinced that he can cope with the treatment. On the last day of the month, I received a call from the hospital. Dad fainted and had trouble breathing. Leo & I went to hospital immediately. After much thoughts, the doctors decided to put him under heavy anesthetics. 

November 2011: 
 For the next 4 days, I stayed in the hospital with him. He was in coma now. Every now and then, blood gushing out from his mouth. I wiped it off every hour. I whispered to him to hold on. Our family is on our way to see him. So much guilt that went into me for that 4 days. He didn't want to go for chemotherapy, but I convinced him to do so. If only I listened to him, he could have few more days or even weeks with us. On the 4th of November, I decided to come back home and rest for awhile before heading back to the hospital at night. Around 10.30pm. I received a call from the hospital, asking me to come as they had some emergency. On my way there, one of the patient whom I had befriended, called me and tell me that he's gone. 10:46pm. He is gone forever.

Leonard hugged me and told me that it is ok. He is happy that the ordeal is finally over. At least we know he doesn't need to suffer anymore.

After 3 months and 2 weeks, I am still missing you very much dad. I don't know why I keep recalling the time we spend in your final weeks of life. I dreamed about you every now and then. And I missed you and love you dearly. Life has changed without you around.

I hope you are doing well up there in heavens. Rest in peace dad. 






Comments

Kenny said…
We all did miss him. I missed him every single day and the image of him in that respirator until the image of him in coma still haunt me today. Almost every single day I would nearly break down and cry silently. Dad's voice when I last heard through the phone to ask him how is he before the chemotherapy still haunts me today. The look of his face in the casket as well still in my head which I can't get it off. Every single event from the moment we fetch him to Subang airport until the moment where we picked his bones still haunts me. That's all I have to say. That moment to see him off changed me for good. It changed the way I think for good. Now the only thing I have to remember the good times was these 2 photos that is still with me lying around in my personal photo album.

Popular posts from this blog

Disabled again..

Today.. is another sad day for me. They just disabled "e-messenger", which ended my pleasure of keeping in touch with friends lately. Sigh.. exactly 14 more days, and I'll be out. Just have to be patient. Had a long talk with my boss. Many things that we've talked through and I appreciate his acceptance over my rather harsh comment. We're more like friends now, rather than him being my boss, or me being his subordinate. Frankly, it's been a long 5 1/2 half months. Unhappy i may seem, but i do learn alot while working here. Strangely, i think i might even missed this place..

Crossroads

Life is about choices.. Choices about how you want to run your life, what principles that you hold, what career you are heading in the future. Perhaps, now is a time where tough choices are ahead for me. Both family and friends have their own saying about what is the best. So, what's the best for me? I'm easily influenced by persuasion, and i usually give in easily. Sometimes ever so reluctantly, i followed what people asked or wanted me to do. I do not have much consideration of what I want in the first place. For this, I've been wasting more than a year now, which could easily turned out to be an interesting year for me to proceed to my dreams. A year of frustration, a year of uncertainty, and a year of lost chances. The 6 months in Melaka wasn't the best in my life. Some might say it's just a short period in your life. But in reality, I've lost alot of chances in this 6 months time. Work, study, career, even my relationship. Every person in my life has their

My Donkey

Remember the annoying, big mouthed yet good in nature Donkey in Shrek and Shrek 2? Can you remember any friends that resembles the Donkey? And seriously, I DO NOT MEAN PHYSICALLY!!! Recently, I've come to realized that there are lots of " Donkeys " in my life. Don't feel offended if I'm referring anyone as a donkey, coz do put in mind that at the same time, I'm an Ogre too. Yep, it's funny how some friends tend to annoyed us so much that we would like to tell them to shut their mouth sometimes! They will keep on going just to keep us annoyed even you've give out all the possible signals and hints that you're really not in the mood to join in their play. But their patience is somewhat last for eternity. They'll follow you around just to keep you in their watching distance. Although some may not resembled the loud Donkey in Shrek, but they do have other ways to annoy you. I have this particular friend who were so choosy and annoying, and somet